A message from our President
Hi Wandin families,
I hope everyone is coping with COVID lockdown #2, particularly with home schooling and no footy training to tire the kids out.
- UPDATE ON OUR NEW CLUB ROOMS – The construction is progressing really well. Dan Holt had a meeting with Yarra Ranges Council and the Wandin Community Recreation Association on site recently and was really impressed with the progress and plans. The second slab is now complete (this will be our change rooms).You can really get an appreciation of how big the new buildings will be. The steel frame will be complete in the next 3 weeks then the roof cover will start after that. Works to the terrace area in front of the rooms will begin shortly and works to the new netball court on the grassed area behind the old rooms will also start soon. The ground itself will be renovated starting on the 1st September. A new grass surface will be installed and the irrigation and drainage will be checked and upgraded if necessary. Finally there will be a new fence around the perimeter of the oval.
- NEW AGE GROUPS FOR 2021 – AFL Outer East have changed the core age groups for the 2021 season and moving forward. Next year we will have Under 9’s, 11’s, 13’s, 15’s and 17’s. This gives our kids an extra year playing juniors before moving to Under 19’s (played on Saturdays). I see this as a real positive as I believe it will help with all children’s development.
- COACHING POSITIONS FOR 2021 – If you, or anyone you know, are interested in coaching one of our teams for the 2021 season please see the attached flyer. https://mcusercontent.com/31694bc24c17ddd91d6c535fe/files/372962ac-efdf-468a-b584-caddb870c8ed/Coaches_for_2021.pdf
- 2020 FEES (REFUND/ROLLOVER/DONATE) – Thank you to everyone who has responded regarding their fees for the cancelled 2020 season. For those who have not yet responded please respond ASAP. If you have not received the email from our Secretary please contact Tanya on Secretary@wandinjfc.com.au.
- LOCAL BUSINESS AND SPONSORS – Please try and support our local businesses where possible, particularly our generous sponsors – see our website and click on “Sponsors” for their details.
- RESUMPTION OF TRAINING OR OTHER CLUB ACTIVITIES – The club is committed to our families and to the children’s health and wellbeing. As soon as we are cleared by the authorities we will be looking at options for the kids to return to training and other initiatives. Watch this space, we have some fantastic ideas that we hope to announce in the near future.
Scott Coghlan (Wandin Junior Football Club President)